Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dressing For Dinner

Around 6:00 tonight, I asked Lauryn to put her regular clothes back on so we could eat dinner. She was wearing a princess gown after playing dress up for the past hour.


She left for about 10 minutes. Finally she came back to the kitchen looking like this.

If you can just take a mintue to divert your eyes from the enormous bow on her head and look at her shoes. Those shiny white shoes. They are about 2 sizes too small, yet she insists on wearing them.

They remind me a little of Pee Wee Herman (and if you've never seen the dancing scene in Pee Wee's Big Adventure, then I truly envy you. That's 112 seconds of my life I will never get back.)

Anyway, never a dull moment...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Ok, I've never seen Wild and Crazy kids (nor heard of it) or seen anything PeeWee.
But I DO know your child is SERIOUS about her dress up! :-)

Lisa said...

Your entries make me laugh out loud. I'm pretty sure I haven't thought of PeeWee Herman in QUITE some time...maybe I've been subconciously blocking it from my memory. But it was definitely an accurate representation. I want to see some pictures of how L dresses A.

Anonymous said...

ha! always a princess!!