Saturday, September 27, 2008

New Material

We were having a quiet ride home last night after a family run to Target (It's always easier to get in and out of there when Brent is helping me. For some reason when he's with us, I don't end up wandering the shoe department or daydreaming over new bedroom linens).

Anyway, out of the blue from the back seat, Lauryn spoke up and said, "You know what we NEVER do??"

I turned around to look at her, surprised.

Looking at her face, I was expecting to hear her say something along the lines of "We never go to Six Flags" or "We never go visit Great-Grandma" (whom we love dearly but lives in Iowa...Lauryn asks multiple times a week when we can hop in the car and go for a visit.)

She looked back at me and answered simply, "We NEVER get chocolate milk at the store and we NEVER go to Grandy's."

I suppose it's sad when my first and only reaction was to turn to Brent and say, "Well, THAT'S something to blog about."

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is AWESOME. Poor, deprived child never gets her chocolate milk. You tell Lauryn that we stock that stuff over here. Unfortunately I can't help her out with the Grandy's - maybe we need to take a trip to the zoo this week and splurge on Grandy's for lunch. :)

Anonymous said...

dang it...why didn't we go to Grandy's when i was there?

Abby said...

Too funny! I would've totally responded the same way :)