Friday, March 5, 2010

Good Reminder



My friend Lisa told me about this video. I'm so glad she did, because it was just what I needed today.

An ordinary day where we ate cereal and yogurt for breakfast. Dropped Lauryn off at school and went to Target for a few things. Came home to fold laundry and work on a puzzle with my three-year-old.

Completely ordinary. But something I will long for fifteen (or even five) years from now.

The boring, tedious, and completely routine moments of our daily life are the ones we'll want to remember the most. I will remind myself of that the next time I wish away a "whining phase" or "separation anxiety".

If you have kids, take some time to watch the video. It made my day!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

It is a good reminder...but why is it that it left me feeling depressed? Is it just me?

Nicole said...

No, it's not just you. I cried real tears.

mindy said...

Thanks for posting...it's a wonderful reminder, especially right now!!

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh. I literally sobbed at this. It made me so sad. But I think I will go buy that book.