The day before Thanksgiving. Where do I even begin? We have been blessed more than we deserve.
1. We are thankful for our health, our home, and Brent's job. Many, many people are struggling with these issues and we are beyond humbled to be blessed with these things.
2. Our smart girls. I have to brag on my girls (good thing it's my blog so I'm allowed!). Lauryn is reading at (at least) an end-of-first-grade level. She amazes me daily at how easily learning comes for her. She retains insane amounts of information and can spit out facts at a moment's notice (for example, telling me the parts of an arachnid and remembering the "cephalothorax", and even pronouncing it correctly for crying out loud!)
Allie is also smart and very witty. She shocked me the other night at Lauryn's Daisy Girl Scout meeting (I'm assistant leader and had to bring her with us that night). The girls were reciting the Girl Scout Promise and Allison chimed right in, saying it word for word (when some of the other girls could not!) I have no idea how or when she learned it. We don't go around reciting it all the time or anything! She's learning her letters and sounds pretty quickly now. Allie cracks us up with her silly expressions and sense of humor...she definitely knows how to get a laugh.
3. I am thankful for my wonderful husband and our beautiful marriage. I am very much married to my best friend. I can't imagine sharing my life with anyone else, and I wouldn't want to! We were blessed to be able to meet at such a young age (16 and 17!) and have shared everything from Senior Prom to the birth of our children. I mean, really...how many people can say that!?
4. Staying at home with our girls is a blessing and an honor. I treasure every single moment (even the crazy ones!) and can't imagine doing anything else in the world right now. I love being there when they learn something new. I love picking Lauryn up from school, going home for a snack, and talking all about her day right then and there. I love being able to take them to the park, the zoo, the swimming pools, the food court, and truly ENJOY doing it!
5. We are thankful for our families. All of the typical "in-law" jokes and anecdotes have never applied to us. We actually really look forward to our family gatherings!
6. We are beyond thankful for our church. We joined two years ago just after we moved here and have really enjoyed becoming involved. It feels like our second home, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
We hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!
**Edited to add**
Do you know that I was going to sleep last night and (as usual) all kinds of random thoughts were swirling in my head when I realized I didn't add FRIENDS to our list of things we are thankful for! So I came here to add it this morning and saw Tracy's comment...(you beat me to it :)
Of course, we are thankful for wonderful friends. Friends we can count on like your own family. Friends you can get honest advice from. Friends we can trust our kids with. Friends we have had since WE were kids. Friends who make life richer. HOW could I have forgotten to add friends to the list!?! How long can I get away with the "mommy brain" excuse?! :) Happy Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ahem...friends...? :-)
I'm thankful that our daughters are the best of friends (even still) like their mommas!
Happy Thanksgiving to the Pilgrim family!!
I'm really thankful for you guys and the friendship you have given to me, Clay, Ethan and Rachel - everyone wins! We love you guys and hope you enjoy a quiet Thanksgiving.
I'm definitely thankful for friends too! It's been so nice to have you there pretty much my entire life! love you!!
Post a Comment