Monday, February 25, 2008

Elmo Grows Up

Oh, my we had fun yesterday! We saw "Elmo Grows Up" (it was all about what they wanted to be when they grew up.)

I loved watching all the little kids and their faces while big, furry, 8 foot tall monsters danced around them! My daughter had a look of pure excitement on her face. While others so violently shook their heads "NO" when any character approached them that I thought they were going to spin right off and fly across the auditorium.

I guess age and maturity has its advantages. We laugh at those cowards.

Although she did have to make sure they were really people just dressed up in those costumes. But after that was established, boy was she into the show!

Anyway, get ready for a picture overload. An obnoxious amount of pictures. I couldn't help myself. She was just so darn cute taking it all in and obliging me as I pulled her all over the venue looking for photo ops.


Arriving at the theater!


Lauryn with her Mimi and Aunt Jess


We actually stood in a LINE to get this picture. It was comforting to know that other parents are as dorky as I am.


Nuzzling Elmo


I noticed several stands selling cotton candy. When I realized that Lauryn had never had cotton candy before I knew this HAD to be the first. And for the bargain price of $4.00, I couldn't pass it up.


She wasn't sure at first (because she later told me it looked like the stuff inside her bear...good point.) But after that first bite, she was hooked.


And the sugar kicked in.


Immediately.


And the show hadn't even STARTED yet!


Her face was precious as the characters ran onstage!


Looks like someone else had some cotton candy before the show.


We had great seats right near the stage, so we saw Zoe up close and personal!


And The Count came up to US and tried to touch our hand! SHREEIIIK!!!


Gotta love Elmo's World. Always a classic.


By the end of the show, Lauryn was standing up and dancing.


She imitated the moves the characters were doing onstage!


She even tried to sing along. She definitely took the song and made it her own.


At the end of the show, they set off streamers and confetti. A big blue streamer landed right in her lap. This might have been the luckiest day of her life. She carried that streamer out of the auditorium, up the steps, outside into the parking lot, and held it in the car all the way home. I think it was her favorite part of the entire day.


I wish I had known that before I paid $4 for sugar on a stick.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun! I'm glad you girls had a good time - gotta love Elmo. Next best thing to sugar on a stick...blue sugar at that.

Anonymous said...

so cute! wish we could have been there too. Avery would have probably been a little scared though. :) Mmmm....Cotton Candy.

Lindsey said...

hah. you crack me up. my kids don't even like cotton candy. weirdos. looks like you guys had a fun time. i need to do something like that for hazel.