Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Random Thoughts and Happenings

1. It's totally normal to be excited that your three year old has finally learned how to blow her own nose. Especially when it is running like a faucet. So. Nice.

2. God's blessings are abundant and I feel guilty when I realize I have not given Him the glory in SOOO many situations. I just take it and run, just feeling the relief when a worry is no longer a worry. He is so faithful and I constantly fall short. I'm working on that. Daily.

3. The 5 hours I have on Tuesdays and Thursdays when both girls are in school are the shortest five hours of the week. I love them dearly, but it is so much easier to get things done when I'm alone!

4. It's no secret that I adore all things Twilight. So when I saw this candle at Bath and Body Works I got it just for a laugh. I didn't realize it would become my new favorite thing. Seriously, go get this candle. The house smells amazing.


5. While you're there, do not get the candle called "Vanilla Shortbread" unless you want your husband to come home and ask if you've been popping popcorn. It really does have a buttery-popcorn kind of smell. So weird.


6. Kindergarten has turned my baby into a big kid. I feel like I blinked and now she is this little mini pre-teen, complete with a little crush. Oh, how do I make time stand still???!??


7. It's interesting how I am on the phone with the pediatrician three minutes after one of the kids gets a cough or a fever, but it has taken me months to remember that I was supposed to schedule an appointment for myself to get a filling replaced. Yikes!


8. Just because the chicken strip dinner at Sonic is only $3.99 doesn't mean it's a good choice. Four chicken strips, toast, fries, an onion ring, and a cup of gravy later leaves you feeling like you'll just end up spending that savings later in life in the form of a co-pay at the cardiologist.

9. The girls named their new bath toys "Lilly" and "Pablo". I don't know.

10. Between school, the church carnival, choir, and a super fun birthday party, Lauryn will get to wear her Halloween costume a total of five times. Works for me!


11. I hope to have pictures to post in the next few days. I'm still working on getting organized. Somehow I lost my head in the process of adjusting to life with a child in all day kindergarten and a lost little sister at home with nothing but a boring old mommy to play with. Now that we've all settled into the routine and life is happy again, I'll be getting pictures sorted out!

12. I'm ready for American Idol to start. And Grey's Anatomy is losing my attention. Fast.

13. I could listen to Allison laugh all.day.long. It is highly contagious.

Hope you're having a great week!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness - I really needed this laugh today so thanks. Especially Pablo...that really cracks me up for some reason. Hoping to get back into the swing of normal life soon and hang out.

Tracy said...

#2 all the way. OUCH!!

All of our dolls and stuffed animals are either Allie or Alex!!

Abby said...

Loved it all! AND I so agree about Grey's! Miss you