Well, here we are again. If you are even still reading this blog, then I am really impressed. As the kids get older, I just find that there is less time to do the "fun" things I want to do. Like blogging. I wouldn't trade my daily routine for anything. I get to spend as much time at the girls' school as I want. I have a great part-time job where I get to do 80% of the work from home. But my days are full and even though both girls are in school all day, somehow the cleaning and laundry still doesn't get done. Once I sit down in the evenings to do "fun" stuff for me, I am usually too tired! So to the grandparents, I apologize. I think every time I do blog, I end up saying something like "hopefully I will blog again soon" and it never happens. So please don't get your hopes up. But I will try.
Halloween was lots of fun! We always trick-or-treat with our friends Ethan and Rachel.
This was my first year to lead the Trunk-or-Treat event at our church. Life was crazy busy after having been to Disney World a few weeks earlier, but it ended up being a success and lots of fun! On to Thanksgiving...Allie's class had a precious Thanksgiving Feast in their classroom. It was so much fun to watch!
Lauryn was in a play at school! She had to memorize quite a few lines, and she did so GREAT! She spoke loudly and clearly, and didn't act nervous at all. I never could have done that in 2nd grade. I'm not sure I could do it NOW!!
We had our own "little" Thanksgiving feast this year. It was actually really fun to cook all day and just relax at home.
That evening we put up the Christmas decorations! This year it was Allie's turn to put the star on the tree. This picture is one of my favorites :)
The girls helped make reindeer cookies and they turned out super cute!
My sweet girls!
So many fun things are going on right now. Today was the girls' last day of school, so we are officially ready for Christmas! I can't even believe how fast this year has gone by. I would give anything to slow down time. Allie is starting to read and become more confident at trying new books by herself. She has grown so much in kindergarten! She wouldn't talk to her teacher for the first six weeks. In the last several weeks she wrote her own book and read it to the class by herself. AND she acted out a little part in a short play in her classroom. Getting in front of the group and speaking by herself is HUGE progress! We are so proud of her.
Lauryn was in a play at school! She had to memorize quite a few lines, and she did so GREAT! She spoke loudly and clearly, and didn't act nervous at all. I never could have done that in 2nd grade. I'm not sure I could do it NOW!!
We had our own "little" Thanksgiving feast this year. It was actually really fun to cook all day and just relax at home.
That evening we put up the Christmas decorations! This year it was Allie's turn to put the star on the tree. This picture is one of my favorites :)
The girls helped make reindeer cookies and they turned out super cute!
My sweet girls!
So many fun things are going on right now. Today was the girls' last day of school, so we are officially ready for Christmas! I can't even believe how fast this year has gone by. I would give anything to slow down time. Allie is starting to read and become more confident at trying new books by herself. She has grown so much in kindergarten! She wouldn't talk to her teacher for the first six weeks. In the last several weeks she wrote her own book and read it to the class by herself. AND she acted out a little part in a short play in her classroom. Getting in front of the group and speaking by herself is HUGE progress! We are so proud of her.Lauryn has excelled in second grade this year. She amazes us (and her teacher!) with her writing and storytelling. Maybe she'll be an author?! She is an excellent speller and does very well at math (although it isn't her favorite subject!) Playing the piano is still one of her favorite things to do.
Hoping to write more in 2012! Stay tuned!
1 comment:
:)
I have so much fun watching those precious girls grow up... but I agree... we need to slow time down!!
I love that photo of Allie putting the star on! Too cute!
Post a Comment